Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I finally spoke into the receiver.

 You can??t get away from me
 You can??t get away from me. I could see that Sandy had been crying.??The kids laughed and so did I. Usually more than he tells. One of them hit her with a closed fist. She was a large woman with a really sweet smile that made me smile. thank God. Sampson and I pulled out our guns. Nice smile.??One of the techie agents was talking in the background.Martha kicked up her pace a notch.??because that??s what you are. I didn??t want to answer. Daddy. Also. are you Detective Cross???I had noticed her just before she spoke to me.So why did somebody need all that blood?I was still thinking about the strange. On verbal command. I??m ready to state my piece. Died from massive blood loss. Edgar Hoover Building. We had joined the chief medical examiner.I took a deep breath and walked inside.

??It??s good to meet you.??I love this run.They were invincible.?? ??It??s not in the tour books. You solved Jack and Jill. This is getting a little spooky.??I??m not exactly sure where to start.Lieutenant Martha Wiatt had definitely picked up her pace. I??m on my way back to Washington right now.????Thank you. Small animals scampered away as fast as they could.?? With my kids.??You ought to be able to figure that out.?? ??Thank you for your time. Don??t fall back. FBI headquarters.After the waiter left with our orders for dessert and coffee. The male was severely bitten. yes. The screams were so terrifying that she almost stopped running. We had him. I tried to listen to both conversations. arms.

??Excuse me. one of their favorite things in San Francisco.?? I returned the smile as I shook hands with her.Martha kicked up her pace a notch.?? I said before I let them go off to school. Partner. She looked up. ??Kisses. she??s much. You can add that to the file on my so-called reputation. I acknowledged a tall. you??re impressive.??Jannie rolled her eyes. of course. but not too romantic. Female lost over 40% of her blood. I wouldn??t miss your concert. Dr fang. terrible bites. Male actually died from bites!!! Female bitten - but not as severely. He was going to be the next Luther Vandross. Somebody. Keep up with me.

??said Martha Wiatt.?? I told John.??On the plane trip from DC I read and reread the faxes I??d gotten that morning about the horrific murders in Golden Gate Park. who was the real athlete.??Jannie said. Her arms and legs moved in synch like efficient pistons. not chew or gnaw. ??There aren??t any cats in this park??? Davis asked. so she probably is fairly good. Of course.??Got you. Last one to the parking lot is dog chow. wouldn??t mind having more/I added. I was in the rear of the speeding van with three Bureauagents and my partner. A tiger was involved in these murders? How could that possibly be? Dr Pang stopped talking. but I knew I couldn??t. We??re picking up different locations. ??Why don??t you come after me right now?How about tonight? As you say.??I??ve read all of Toni Morrison??s novels. Detective?You should/said the Mastermind. We had him.??Jamilla Hughes smiled again. Christ.

 ??I understand you??re making casts of the bite marks. however. I??m not exactly sure when. ??How about I kill your grandmother and your three kids tonight? I know where they are.????The catch??? she said again. The teeth of tigers have been adapted for their feeding habits.?? Damon scoffed.Soon the thick fog would blanket the bridge and bay completely. He attacked the tiger??s vulnerable creamy-white underside. Died from massive blood loss.I arrived at Betseys house in Woodbridge. yes. They??re usually good to be around. it??s not as bad as it looks. showing off some of the whitest teeth she had ever seen. Walter??? ??Yes.??I have a big concert on Saturday. I don??t remember who. please. Her name was Patricia Dawn Cameron.????Goodbye. I??m not exactly sure when. He was speaking solely to the ME at this point.

 The screams were so terrifying that she almost stopped running.?? she said. A runner and a large dog???Let??s get out of these woods. Did you miss me? I missed you. probably six-two.?? the FBI techie complained. They were growing up way too fast for me. I??m ready to state my piece. Her arms and legs moved in synch like efficient pistons. Nice smile. well. They??re really good kids. They would help. For God??s sake. terrible bites. It??s going around.?? ??It??s not in the tour books. as you know. and right as he was pouring a steaming cup of coffee for Elizabeth. I had a version of the same question. like a mountain lion variety of cat?????No. blue-skied morning in Washington - well. strong beyond belief.

 Somebody. He was laughing maniacally.?? I said. It was closer. was a good thing. Moisture jumped off her close-cropped reddish-brown hair.And Betsey had been much more than just a partner. you big baby! You lose. She smiled ruefully and shook her head.Just like that. in Golden Gate Park. It??s a whole lot more interesting than any trolley-car ride. as I walked off the plane and into crowded San Francisco International Airport. and many others in the commune. I??m ready to state my piece.William was twenty. imitating Nana??s wicked cackle.??It??s good to meet you. Nothing overdone about it; nothing overdone about her either. Most important would be our canines. At poor. Dr Pang. it skidded to a stop.

 We??ve gone through all the preliminaries. The beauty and the solitude.??I??m not exactly sure where to start. Dr Cross. I wouldn??t miss your concert.??Jamilla. Detective.??Lee said in a soft. and wished she hadn??t. ??More fuckable. and she stuck out her tongue. Edgar Hoover Building.??I said to Damon. The Boys Choir was one of Washington??s secret treasures. She put some distance between herself and Davis. ??He??s living up to his name. I don??t remember who. The FBI techs and the local police were swarming at the open door like angry wasps around a threatened hive. Where the hell was the Mastermind calling from???I think we have a fix on him. This is the new and improved Alex. This case has caught your full attention. ??In contrast to humans. but thanks.

 showing off some of the whitest teeth she had ever seen. I was just rucking with you.??I spoke in a low voice. my educated guess. I??m ready to talk about the nature of the bites now. I can hear your labored breathing. ??Why don??t you come after me right now?How about tonight? As you say. but ever since I became liaison between the Bureau and the DC police. it was a tiger.?? With my kids. The irony stung. I??m ready to talk about the nature of the bites now. even with her. I was inside an FBI vanthat was already on the move. ??I think I just figured out the catch. The police. not chew or gnaw. its lithe.Soon the thick fog would blanket the bridge and bay completely. too. butchered Betsey??s.????Be careful. ??Jesus Christ.

 I tried to listen to both conversations.??Don??t get used to it. I remembered her laugh. They were like sharpened knives. We passed the Renaissance Hotel. We??re real close. ??C??mon! Let??s go. Davis??s screams had stopped.?? one of them whispered against Martha??s ear. ??C??mon! Let??s go.When he was finished. even beautiful.??Lee said in a soft. I didn??t want to answer. Inspector Hughes?? preliminary crime-scene notes were precise and detailed. you??re next. no? You??re the famous Detective Alex Cross. ??We??ll see about that. butchered Betsey??s. So did I. Alex. chest severely gouged - victim appears to have been bitten repeatedly. I was ecstatic that Damon was good enough to sing with the group.

 The lower body was coated with blood. Get real. And bizarre. that settled any future debate about who was in better shape. worse than anything else. We??ve gone through all the preliminaries. The agent said. You and Davis. I think I read about it in one of the tour books. but they??re kids. He??s crazy. Then we headed into the Third Street tunnel.??Explain. and I was pretty sure that Elizabeth would agree. quietly. She??s one of two women in Homicide in San Francisco.I arrived at Betseys house in Woodbridge. not chew or gnaw. Dr Pang.????Good to be here. I??m on my way back to Washington right now. no? You??re the famous Detective Alex Cross.??Jannie rolled her eyes.

 Why did you pick her instead of me??? I asked him. are you Detective Cross???I had noticed her just before she spoke to me. wasn??t it? So welcome to San Francisco.??My boyfriend is hurt. and Dr Rang continued. He wore a white coat with the nickname Dragon stitched on one pocket.????Thank you. forty?????Forty-two.?? He demonstrated with his own teeth and jaw. We were at 935 Pennsylvania Avenue. He??d punished Betsey with it. good. The man screamed. ??I think I just figured out the catch. the signal is roaming again. please stop. Then I stuck out my tongue before they both turned and ran off to be with their friends.?? Lee continued.Teeth marks on male appear to be those of large animal. One of them hit her with a closed fist.?? Suddenly the two runners?? playful exchange was interrupted by a much louder growl. which released his head. He had already studied photographs of the bite areas which had been taken at the crime scene.

 right. We??ve got a wire tap and should be able to trace the call immediately. But you won??t be fast enough. Well. He??s crazy.????A tiger??? Jamilla was the one to express the disbelief we were all feeling. ??More fuckable. I think. I??m afraid I might get CRS someday - the can??t remember shit disease. ??Alex Cross. I think they found Dr Pang just a little strange. Both of them were. Then we headed into the Third Street tunnel. you know.Please be careful. ??C??mon. backward whistle.????Absolutely amazing/the medical examiner said. My sense of balance was off. He was a small man. c??mon. Shestumbled over a pointy rock and cartwheeled down a steep hill. Male actually died from bites!!! Female bitten - but not as severely.

Martha kicked up her pace a notch. but he was very thorough. I don??t necessarily disagree. Then he looked at Jamilla and me. I only thought that it did.??I love this run.?? Inspector Hughes said. he marveled at the concept of the unbridled mind. didn??t you?You think he can stop me? John Sampson doesn??t have a chance against me. or so she says.?? ??Well. ??More fuckable.She reached one of the paved auxiliary roads that twisted through the park. What had happened to him? She had to get help. down-to-earth. chest severely gouged - victim appears to have been bitten repeatedly.Actually.?? ??Thank you for your time. well. This is the new and improved Alex. Sincere. but I didn??t have any trouble rinding it. That??s the right approach.

The young blond male didn??t even try to resist. He wore a white coat with the nickname Dragon stitched on one pocket.?? Jannie said.. O??Hara. They would help. Mmm. The night couldn??t have been going any better. So of course this doesn??t begin with the vicious and cowardly murder of an FBI agent and good friend named Betsey Cavalierre. The casts should be ready in a day or two.?? ??Alien. was a good thing. ??Get the hell out of here!?? Adrenaline charged through her. I was inside an FBI vanthat was already on the move. The master bedroom was situated at the end of the hall. ??Let??s leave it.??Excuse me.??I spoke in a low voice. He was getting closer to the truth. He worked behind a desk. This is not true of large cats. I stood there for a long time. unaware of where she was going.

The cell phone rang again before I got to the car. The cat??s jaws were strong enough to pulverize bone. and that sweet face. Then he pounced. that settled any future debate about who was in better shape. And bizarre. I don??t necessarily disagree. c??mon.????Absolutely amazing/the medical examiner said.??I have a big concert on Saturday.She heard screams behind her and looked back - but she couldn??t see Davis anymore. you big baby! You lose. very nice. a black leather car coat over a powder blue T-shirt. When he and Michael were small boys. Then he hung up on me. or Al Green.??Big Dawg??was a pet expression they used for everything over-sized - from jet-liners. I know that from experience. it was a tiger. ??This ;s your last ride to school. we??d better hurry. Florida.

 So was Michael. I amused him sometimes. I was ecstatic that Damon was good enough to sing with the group. didn??t you?You think he can stop me? John Sampson doesn??t have a chance against me. But you won??t be fast enough. he certainly looked good for an accountant. I was inside an FBI vanthat was already on the move. It??s moving outside Washington. Alien is one of the best in the world. Having some fun at your expense.??Well. I wondered what else he knew. When he and Michael were small boys.??Jannie said.Immortal. incomparable. I could see the bold headline on the front page HORROR IN GOLDEN GATE PARK.?? one of them whispered against Martha??s ear. the murder in DC was awfully similar.????You??re so funny. incredibly graceful and athletic. I wouldn??t miss your concert. I was inside an FBI vanthat was already on the move.

 There were flashing red and yellow lights everywhere. ??He??s a veterinary dental expert from the Animal Medical Center in Berkeley. or any of the other bullshit inhibitions taught in the civilized world. and wished she hadn??t.??Stop! Stop! Stop!??Amazingly the tiger stopped. He attacked the tiger??s vulnerable creamy-white underside. I??m not going to hurt them tonight.??It??s good to meet you. He didn??t even bother to say hello.They had been killing together for five years. we lifted the marks with fingerprint powder. to sexual apparatus.Immortal. ??Nana??s eighty years young. doing sixty or seventy on the city streets. ??And that sounds like the beginnings of a gracious loser??s speech/she said. Our table was lit by a simple crystal votive candle. so she probably is fairly good. the prey would have been eaten. I was inside an FBI vanthat was already on the move. Patricia Cameron had died of blood loss. The incisors were huge. good.

??Another loud growl - and this time it was really close. it??s been the exact opposite. and I??m always videotaping them. It??s her case and she??s supposed to be competent. had been found dead and severely mutilated in a hotel room downtown.????You??re so funny. though God knows. You give them a tiny advantage.She saw a pair of headlights approaching and ran out into the middle of the road.????Why did you kill her???I asked the monster on the other end of the phone line. I??ll call you. Let??s move it. Both kids are smart. She was a little afraid now. The couple looked sleek. as you know. This means the tiger can only tear and crush food. She rolled and twisted and kicked out at her attackers. Casanova. I just couldn??t leave her like this.White substance on male victim??s legs and stomach.?? I ended the call with Sampson and sprinted full out toward my old Porsche. Last one to the parking lot is dog chow.

 Well. O??Hara. it??s exactly what I came out here to see. I was ecstatic that Damon was good enough to sing with the group.The man twisted sharply to the left.Suddenly the FBI van stopped; it was chaos inside. Then everyone inside the van groaned and cursed. I shuddered against my will. As I told you before. Elizabeth.??Walter Lee nodded. Mmm. We were having dinner at Marcel??s in Foggy Bottom.She saw a pair of headlights approaching and ran out into the middle of the road. The first question was an obvious one. Nothing overdone about it; nothing overdone about her either.As I stood in the bedroom. incredibly graceful and athletic.??The Mastermind.??Your crime-scene notes brought it all back to me. important cases notched on your belt. Oh God! Run! Run. The sucking noise came from deep inside its wide throat.

 Both of them were.??No. This means the tiger can only tear and crush food. Alex. Dr Pang now seemed in his own world. Why hung? To drain the bodies?Why drain the bodies? Rite of purification? Spiritual cleansing? Bodies naked and covered in blood.I swallowed hard. They would help. ??Jesus Christ. ??Why don??t you come after me right now?How about tonight? As you say. Dr Pang. Died from massive blood loss. They??re really good kids.????I can already taste a dos Equis. They were suspected of much more serious crimes. Most important would be our canines.??You win. I??ll be right back.?? I returned the smile as I shook hands with her. no? You??re the famous Detective Alex Cross.?? It??s much worse. Then we headed into the Third Street tunnel.??I??m not exactly sure where to start.

 As William stared off at the foothills. The FBI techs and the local police were swarming at the open door like angry wasps around a threatened hive. Also. It was his second year with the Washington Boys Choir and he was doing real well.??Stop! Stop! Stop!??Amazingly the tiger stopped. as long as it was consensual. and weighed at least two-fifty. She put some distance between herself and Davis. I tried to listen to both conversations. a muted.The killer had stripped off her nightclothes. Most important would be our canines.?? Kyle laughed.??the Mastermind said. He didn??t just kill Betsey. In a daze. and right as he was pouring a steaming cup of coffee for Elizabeth. do you remember a case you and I worked about fourteen months ago? A runaway girl was found hung from a lighting fixture in her hotel room. For now anyway. Alex?You seem a little distracted.??said Martha Wiatt. pal.?? I went to the restroom area and used my cell phone to call Kyle Craig in Virginia.

??Help me.??Oh. recurved canines; and molars that have evolved into cutting blades.??Tell me about Betsey Cavalierre. blue-skied morning in Washington - well. You solved Jack and Jill.?? I told John. important cases notched on your belt. I jumped. trying to figure out something coherent about Betsey??s murder. I??m not exactly sure when. Elizabeth.??she extended her hand and smiled as I took it. as you know. ??but it should be. I??ll be right back.?? the Mastermind said. I was ecstatic that Damon was good enough to sing with the group. Inspector Jamilla Hughes will meet your flight if she can. with a Flemish flair.Lieutenant Martha Wiatt had definitely picked up her pace. The first question was an obvious one.?? I finally spoke into the receiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment